March 08-10, 2017
Team HYPER will be headed out to Worcester Polytechnic Institute for our first District Event of the 2017 Season.
Our 2017 Chairman’s Team has shared their video entry for the Chairman’s Award this season!
It is imperative that you sign up/log in with FIRST and sign their consent form. Here are the steps:
- Go to firstinspires.org
- if you have a profile, click Log In
- If you are new user, select Sign Up
- Your parents have to complete the Youth User profile. Once completed then steps 3 to 5 become available.
- Complete the school section which adds the school that you attend.
- Apply to your FIRST team. Our program is FRC and the team is 69.
- Complete the Consent Form section.
Due to the persistent snow, our meeting will be ending at 5:30 today. If you are not already at the meeting, please remain home.
Be safe and take care,
Year Three musings continued…
(1) As I look back on those early years it amazes me to remember just how humble the beginnings of FIRST were. Here we were in our third year as a team which would have been the 7th year of FIRST and there were “only” 5 regional events in the entire country (Houston, Chicago, New Brunswick, NJ, Detroit and Manchester, NH) … these were followed up by the national championship at Epcot Center, Disney World. In 2017, we have more competitions available in New England than existed in the entire country in 1998.
Team Update posted 02/03/2017 12:22 PM
The eighth Team Update has been published for this year’s game. Be sure to stay up to date with these, as they can add, change, or clarify rules to the game.
So here we are basically stuck with the knowledge that we love this program called FIRST (or, at minimum, can appreciate its value!) and we have just lost our sponsor. [and for those who don’t know, the program is expensive! – worthwhile, but expensive!]
Our QPS leader at the time was Dr. Angela Avery who coordinated all the chapter 74 programs for the Quincy Public Schools [automotive, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, culinary, etc.] and, as a result, she had contacts through the advisory committees of those programs. One of these contacts was with The Gillette Company, so she approached them and somehow convinced them that this FIRST program was a worthy investment of their resources. As a result, we managed to stay in the game for year three.
Team Update posted 01/31/2017 06:54 PM
The seventh Team Update has been published for this year’s game. Be sure to stay up to date with these, as they can add, change, or clarify rules to the game.
The sign up sheets for both Pit Crew and Drive Team have been posted on the Student Time Tracking computer. Anyone interested in either team should read the sheet completely before signing up. The deadline is February 3, 2017 9PM (end of the meeting).