Our 2017 Chairman’s Team has shared their video entry for the Chairman’s Award this season!
It is imperative that you sign up/log in with FIRST and sign their consent form. Here are the steps:
- Go to firstinspires.org
- if you have a profile, click Log In
- If you are new user, select Sign Up
- Your parents have to complete the Youth User profile. Once completed then steps 3 to 5 become available.
- Complete the school section which adds the school that you attend.
- Apply to your FIRST team. Our program is FRC and the team is 69.
- Complete the Consent Form section.
Due to the persistent snow, our meeting will be ending at 5:30 today. If you are not already at the meeting, please remain home.
Be safe and take care,
The sign up sheets for both Pit Crew and Drive Team have been posted on the Student Time Tracking computer. Anyone interested in either team should read the sheet completely before signing up. The deadline is February 3, 2017 9PM (end of the meeting).
As we try to do every year, we’ll be taking student portraits (to help mentors remember names, and for the student bios on the website) starting Sunday & Monday this week. Please try to bring team gear if you have it (shirt or sweatshirt) on those days. We’ll setup makeup days for anyone who cannot be here those days, later.
Below are some times for specific events happening at this weekend’s meetings. Be sure to check the Build Schedule for the full meeting times for this weekend.
Programming Sub-Team Meeting (Friday 7:15pm)
The programming sub-team will be meeting tomorrow (Friday) at 7:15 PM. If you are interested in helping with the programming aspect of our team, please try to attend. Beginners are encouraged to attend!!!
Design Discussion (Saturday 1PM)
On Saturday, at around 1PM, Zach will lead a talk about the design of this year’s robot. Be sure to be there for this valuable discussion.
Students Traveling Meeting (Sunday 3PM)
If you are traveling, please try to be at Sunday’s meeting at 3PM. We will be discussing the expectations and requirements of HYPER travelers.
- Sign up for times on the sign up sheet. If you would like to, you may now sign up for more that your original two hour shift.
- Get official cans from Robotics. If you do not have cans, you must come to tonight’s meeting to pick them up! The cans have the official license from the city on them.
- Wear a smile and a good attitude.
- Be ready to explain what our team is and what it does.
- IF you have team gear, wear it!
- Make sure you are there for your shift.
- Do NOT open your cans.
- Keep your cans someplace safe and return them to Robotics as soon as possible.
- A mentor will count your money and let you know how much you made.
All team members should take this survey during this first week of the build season.
The 2017 game has been announced and the Game Documents have now been decrypted.
Download the PDF and READ THE RULES! You’ll be expected to know the game, field, and robot rules for brainstorming at our first meeting.