For the first time in 3 years, Team HYPER is hosting the annual Quincy Public Schools Robotics Challenge at Quincy High School! This year’s competition will be on Saturday May 21st. We rely on volunteer support and hope we can count on you! As you know, this event showcases the talent of Quincy’s elementary and middle school FLL teams and is only possible with your help. We are in need of over 70 volunteers for the roles that are listed at the bottom of this message.
Setup begins at 9am, opening ceremonies at 11:50am, and competition wraps up around 3:30pm. Many volunteer positions only require your attendance from 11:30-2:30.
Please email me as soon as possible with your availability and assignment preference (and please forward/recruit anyone else who might be interested in helping).
Thank you so much for your continued support of Quincy Public Schools CITYWIDE robotics program!
Team HYPER (69) have registered for their 2020 “travel” competition. They will be attending the Southern NH District Event at Bedford High School in Bedford, NH. Check-in for the event is Friday, March 27 with competition dates on Saturday and Sunday, March 28 & 29. Many more details will come in future months.
Before you go out canning on Thursday/Friday, I just wanted to share some details of how this process works:
- Sign up for times on the sign up sheet. If you would like to, you may now sign up for more that your original two hour shift.
- Get official cans from Robotics. If you do not have cans, you must come to tonight’s meeting to pick them up! The cans have the official license from the city on them.
- Wear a smile and a good attitude.
- Be ready to explain what our team is and what it does.
- IF you have team gear, wear it!
- Make sure you are there for your shift.
- Do NOT open your cans.
- Keep your cans someplace safe and return them to Robotics as soon as possible.
- A mentor will count your money and let you know how much you made.
Good luck with this fundraising opportunity!